Friday, May 22, 2009

Vaccinations, Preparations, and Recommendations

I know, I am a horrible person. I said I would update this weekly, and its been almost two weeks! But alas, I have found the fault in my ways, and have repented.

This last week was enjoyable. I'm finally getting things up and ready to go for Guatemala. I have my passport, my ISIC card, and my insurance all figured out. This weeks' biggest adventure dealing with this was getting my vaccinations all finished up, seeing as how I've been procrastinating this for too long. I got six vaccines total- two in each arm and two to swallow. The good news on that is that I didn't have any sort of reaction from any of it, which I was quite happy about. Also this week I've done quite a bit of clothes and supplize shopping. This included 2 large bottles and three large boxes of pepto, about 7 new shirts, shorts, more medication, and a money pouch to hold my money under my clothes. My next project is to buy some new sandals as well as school supplize for the kids I'll be working with. (Thanks again for everyone who donated! I've used some of my donation money to help pay for this prepatory work).

Other than that life is the same as usual. I'm still working at Six Star, and am starting to think about what I'll be doing when I get back from Guatemala for a job. So if anyone has any good ideas or job opportunities, let me know :)

I suppose that is about it for now. I should be getting a camera here soon so that I can post some pictures. I realize how boring it is just reading about all of this. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I have a money pouch I could have given you. I had it for my mission and never used it. Rats!

    ReplyDelete