Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well, today is my very first day in Guatemala! It is absolutely gorgeous, the temperature is perfect, and I love the people I am with. I left at 12:30 am from Salt Lake (after realizing only hours before that am means midnight, not noon) and arrived here at 10:30 our time. So far I've just gone around the city and bought things that I'll need while I'm here. The money is completely different, and it was all sorts of confusing. For all I know I was spending hundreds of dollars on a pillow case (don't worry mom, I'm exaggerating... kinda). The food rocks, even if we can't eat certain things. Transpertation is exciting. We ride around on "chicken buses", where they try to squeeze as many people as they can onto one bus. Music is playing everywhere, and everyone stares at the white people. I don't know any spanish, at all. No exaggeration. That's exciting. Also, horrible news that I really don't want to write... I lost my camera. I leftit somewhere at the airport, and pretty much want to shoot myself. So I'm going to just pretend this didn't happen. I'm out of time, and have got to head. Sorry my thoughts are all over the place!! Just know that overall, I love it here! Peace.

1 comment: